10 great reasons why coming on a healthcare mission to Ghana in 2018 should be at the top of your to-do list:
1. Use your skills and professional expertise to improve the lives of those less fortunate. We treat around 1000 people during a mission – you will make a huge impact!
2. Share your knowledge with your colleagues here in Ghana – it’s a continuing education event for our Ghana-based staff!
3. Learn to recognize and treat tropical diseases you never encountered in your training. One day, you may get a patient from a tropical part of the world and know just what to do!
4. Experience life in a developing country – an eye-opening experience for everyone who volunteers with us. We will do our best to make your time with us comfortable and safe, and we’ll advise you on immunizations and medications to stay healthy while you’re here.
5. Learn about a different culture, try new foods, even learn a few words in the local language! Co-director Godfried loves to share the history of Ghana and West Africa, and will happily explain anything you wonder about cultural practices.
6. Support the work of Healthy Villages, Inc. and take a tax deduction – your payment is a donation to our organization from which we pay your travel costs, lodging, food, our staff, and medications for patients, and is fully tax deductible in countries recognizing U.S. registered non-profits.
7. Volunteer tourism options – we also lead short missions with most of your trip devoted to sightseeing in different areas of the country. Ghana is a beautiful country with a rich cultural heritage, and we will show you the best of it! These trips are fundraisers for Healthy Villages, Inc. and are also tax deductible.
8. Come as a volunteer, leave as family! – you’ll make friendships that will last a lifetime, having shared an amazing experience.
9. Share your experience with friends and family back home – you’ll be amazed how many people will support you, both financially and emotionally. They’ll look forward to your trip report when you return. Your volunteering will give them the chance to do some armchair travel, while knowing they supported a worthy cause. We’ll give you tips from successful fundraisers, too.
10. And finally, HAVE FUN! Even on our longer missions, we’ll take you to local sites of interest, open air markets where you can buy lots of beautiful handicrafts and souvenirs, to the beach, and more!
Interested in joining us for a mission in 2018? Your knowledge and expertise is needed! Please go to the following link for information on the missions, travel, and costs:
Support the work of Healthy Villages, Inc. by purchasing one of these awesome scrubs tops, made in Ghana from Ghanaian batik fabric! Profits go to Healthy Villages, Inc., to buy medications for our missions!
Follow this link to order: https://nurseborn.com/product/batik-scrub-tops/